Saturday, August 22, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

This weekend we had a garage sale at some friend's. She and I worked it yesterday morning and then somehow managed to get her husband to man it this morning so we could go garage sale shopping. He's a good man, he even stayed home with her little ones. (WOW) So off we went. I didn't find much considering I was looking for boys 4T stuff for The Monster.
I spent $4.25 and this was my haul:
-pink lawn mower for Little Miss (pretty sure she's going to have to fight Monster for that everyday)-$1
-Bob the Builder backpack-25 cents
-two practically new Old Navy tanks with embellishments (more on these later)-$2
MY BIG SCORE
-Steve Madden black leather dress boots-$1, yeah I said $1
And the lady I bought the tanks from threw in a pair of Batman shades for The Monster.

So about the tanks, one is turquoise and has sequins and beading around the neck. Super cute! I'm going to wear it with a white, cropped, short-sleeved, feather weight jacket. The other is a fushia color with gold sequins around the neck. If you know me you know I'm not really into gold. So I think I'm going to take those off and refashion it. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the corsage tee, like this or this. I like the fullness of the latter, how about you? Or do a ruffle tee. Hmmm?? Anyways, here's the before of the tank. Hopefully I'll get an "after" complete today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails