Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reese's Lovers Cake {fancy-up a boxed cake}


We had company over last night and I made dessert.  A rarity apparently cause my kids asked if it was his birthday since I was making cake. Um, No.  
Any-who, I had bought a bag of mini Reese's pieces (the kind you find in the baking aisle) last week with the plans to put them in some granola bars, you know to make them healthy. ;)  It is widely know that I LOVE all things Reese's.  Flash forward a week, I had yet to make granola bars, but I HAD successfully succeeded in eating half the bag (don't judge me, Ben was gone all last week so I was single-mommin' it.  Enough said.)
So with the left-over Reese's, a boxed cake mix, a can of frosting, and a bit of peanut butter, I whipped up this
Reese's Lovers Cake.  
Super QUICK, super EASY, super DELICIOUS!!
Make your cake per directions (I used yellow).   Let cool completely.
Add peanut butter to frosting.  I did about 2 heaping tablespoons.  Stir well.  Taste, if you want more peanut butter goodness, throw in another spoonful. 
Frost cake.
Sprinkle with Reese's pieces.  (Smack you kids hand when they try to pick them off.  Just kidding.....only sort-of)
ENJOY!!!
This would be so, so yummy with chopped up Reese's cups on it too.  My mouth is watering!!

Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projects
FEATURED
lil luna featured button

12 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love the colors of the reese's pieces! :)
    I would love it if you shared this at my linky party @ {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness you are making me hungry! this looks so yummy! it's fantastic. deifnitely will need to try it.

    I'm a new follower!
    kathryn @ thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Reeses is A-OK with me and a definite add to my recipe box. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband's birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and he loves the Reeces cups...I might try a chocolate cake with the the broken cups on the top...Yummy!

    Thanks for the idea!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my yum!

    Megan
    mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. And I would never judge your eating of the Reese's before using them. I buy my chocolate chips in wholesale size just so I can sneak handfuls every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son's birthday is in the fall and these are great fall colors and would be a perfect cake for his birthday. While he doesn't like sweets too much, he does love Reese's. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow that looks good! my dad would love this (idea noted for fathers day!) Came over from tatertots&jello

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is a peanut butter fanatic, and would love this cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!! i looooove reese's pieces ~ looks like i will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I'm featuring this at womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails