Sunday, September 13, 2009

MIA, but I've got lots of sewing done lately

I've been meaning to post but we've been busy.  My friend and neighbor is having a baby in October and her shower was Friday night.  She's cloth diapering too, so I was so excited to make her a little newborn dipe.  It turned out really cute.  I used the Darling Diapers free newborn pattern. 
 
It's even got the umbilical cord snap down.  AWESOME!
  
I also made her some nursing pads.  I made some of these when I had Little Miss and they work great!  Washable, so you're not spending tons of money on disposables, and CUTE, if you've got to wear them you might as well try and have something that's cute.  Right?!


This was my first time doing a contoured pad and my first time using my overcast stitch and foot.  Mine that I made for Little Miss were just the circles, zigzagged.  And let me tell you, I LOVE MY OVERCAST STITCH!  It just looks so nice and professional.  And I think since I've used it now, I think I'll be able to hold off on my dream of having a serger.
I also just finished up five diaper cases for the church nursery.  
 
 
Hope the mommies that get these enjoy them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails