Do you like super crunchy, highly addictive snacks? Well then this granola is for YOU! Do you also like EASY recipes that don't require an extra trip to the store just for random ingredients? I've got you covered.
This granola is seriously DELICIOUS and so, so easy!
You can eat it on yogurt, with milk as cereal (Ben's favorite), topped with chocolate bark drizzle (yep, I said it) or even on ice cream.
But really it's best just eaten by the handful.
Seven Ingredient Granola
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup oil (I use coconut)
- 2 tsp vanilla
Combine brown sugar and water over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Turn up heat and bring to boil, lower heat and stir for 1 minute. Remove from stove and oil and vanilla. Stir to incorporate.
Pour your simple syrup over your oat mixture. Stir till completely coated.
Pour out onto two large jelly roll pans that have been greased. Spread out granola, but don't press down, you don't want to pack it.
Bake at 275 degrees for 60-70 minutes until lightly brown and toasted.
Let cool in pans about 10 minutes then run a spatula under granola to break up into big chunks.
After completely cool store in a handy cookie jar that is easily accessible to all who might need a snack.
- If using coconut oil you will have to stir the syrup just a bit more to make sure it is all melted.
- If you don't like coconut just leave it out. You really can't taste it much and often I just use what I have, my last batch I only had about a cup so I dumped that it and it still tasted great.
- Melt chocolate bark and drizzle it on the granola after you take it of the oven. YUMMO!
- Seriously, this stuff goes quick!! I made our last batch on Friday, we have crumbs in the bottom of the jar this morning.
- It's a great road trip snack!!
- Oatmeal increases milk supply, so eat up nursing mommas!