Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Full Day of Sewing

It was so fun! I for sure didn't get everything checked off my list, but did make a size-able dent.  My friend Jen came over and we had a girls day, no kids or hubbies, just some sewing.  Here's some pics to prove it:
We each did two felt crayon holders (tutorial found here, we tweaked ours a bit, using velcro closures)
DSCN2610
For Little Miss
DSCN2612
For my nephew P, he lives in Nebraska.  He's a huge Huskers fans!
DSCN2613
For Jen's daughter M.  Jen is a newbie to sewing, she did great!
DSCN2615
For her son C.  I love the dino!  So cute.
We each did a ruffled plaid scarf.  My new fave!  Now these were actually quite a pain.  I got elastic thread and had good intentions to use it.  But for the life of me, I couldn't get my machine and the elastic thread to agree.  It just wouldn't work.  Still don't know what the problem was, oh well I will figure it out another day. We ended up just doing a long stitch length-high tension ruffle, and that worked pretty good.
DSCN2623
Warm, snuggly and quite fashionable I'd say.
Can't wait till I get another uninterrupted day of sewing,
it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails