Thursday, August 18, 2011

Five Strand Braided Bracelet

Ashley over at Make it and Love it posted a five strand braided headband awhile back.  I love it!!  Simple, and quick, you can use these braids in a multitude of ways. 


 I thought it'd be really cute as a bracelet, so I took an old mustard t-shirt, cut my strips and braided it up.
I pair mine with a matching infinity t-shirt scarf I made (I have about four of these bad boys in different colors.  They make this girl who is almost always in jeans and tees actually look kinda pulled together.)
And can I just say, that I'm loving this color! Makes me yearn for fall.  BIG TIME!!

Now Ashley hand-stitching to finish off, I totally went the lazy glue gun route.  I also didn't worry about folding under the edges of my cover band.  Raw edges all the way, and I think it looks fine.  

Brooke got a new headband made too. 

Next up, Delia's four strand braid for a bracelet, I'm gonna stack it with a five strand braided bracelet.  Maybe even make a standard three strand braid and put all three together for a chunky bracelet.  I also want to pick up some leather cording at Hobby and play around with that.
Possibilities are endless.

Have you made a five strand braided project yet?

Linking to:
Someday Crafts
Blue Cricket Designs
Somewhat Simple
Whipperberry
Tatertots and Jello

Positively Splendid

3 comments:

  1. I love that braided look! Simple and gorgeous.

    I'm hosting a fabric giveaway this week over at my blog - stop by when you get a chance: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/08/fabric-love-21-fabric-giveaway-end-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I so want to make one of these. Great job!

    I would love to have you share this at my first link party--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I absolutely love it!
    Found you over at Whipperberry :)

    http://www.releasemecreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails