Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Frame {pinspiration}

Fall is here.  
Anybody else super excited for a break from the horrid heat???  Me too!
I found this cute printable on pinterest 
                                                                                  Source: flickr.com via Amanda on Pinterest

Instead of just printing it out and putting in a plain frame I decided to jazz it up a bit.  Added bonus, this didn't cost me a thing to do, I had all supplies on hand. 
I used an old canvas that I had previously painted brown.  In it's former life I used it as a calendar thing.  I used the rest of my orange glitter (used here and here) and mod podged a document frame, you know the cheapy frames that are like a buck or two at wally world.  Then sealed it with some acrylic sealer.  Hot glue it to the canvas and DONE.  
What's not to love?
Texture, check.  Glitter, check.  Walls no longer bare, check.
Happy FALL!!


Linking to:
Whipperberry
Fall Linky @ Someday Crafts
Fall Frenzy @ Craftaholics Anonymous


Also just wanted to let you know I haven't forgot this is a "sewing blog."  I'll be posting some sewing soon.  I promise.  I had a series of unfortunate events happen with a "special order" of chenille so my sewing has been at a stand still for a while now.  But alas I have some chenille now and will be busy playing catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails