Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back from Hiatus

Well, I’m back!  It was nice to take a break from blogging and blog searching.  I haven’t checked my google reader since February and to be honest I’m afraid too.  I’m sure there are probably thousands of unread post.  Maybe I’ll check it one of these days, but for now I’m still staying away.  I miss reading all my favorite blogs, but it got to be WAY too time consuming. 

So anyways, I’ll catch you up on what I’ve been doing with my life the past few months.  For starters I got my new camera.  YAY!  I was so excited when I finally ordered it.  I got a refurbished Canon Rebel XS from B&H.  I read through the manual  when I got it but need to read it again, and again.  And then get a lesson or two from one of my friends that has a Canon and does photography.  But here’s a pic I took the first day I got it.  Oh, how I love him.
I have also still been sewing.  I did a huge project for church and embroidered around 50 seat savers.  And I’ve done some fun sewing too.  I just got done with a diaper case order for church (yesterday actually).
And please excuse the off color white backgrounds.  I couldn’t get any of them to look right, and didn’t really want to mess with retaking pics.  I’m a little rusty on my post-processing, seeing as I haven’t done anything in two months. :)

For a friend who could a have her babe ANY day now (she just got off weeks of bed rest), I made her a sweet bib and burp cloth set.  She’ll also be getting a diaper case and nursing cover, but I need to get the fabric from my friend Jen who is making the diaper bag.  She’s getting a whole set, cause we love her!


I also completed some projects that I failed to get pics of before sending them off to their new owners.  Jackie had me do a a nursing cover and diaper case for our dear friend who lives in Memphis now.  Every girl needs a Princess Cape, right?  That’s what my friend’s daughter Thea got for her 5th birthday.  

BUT, my biggest (well really smallest in size) project I’ve been working on the past few months has been growing my new “bean.”

I will be 15 weeks tomorrow (and yes, I'm HUGE already), so come October a new little one will prayerfully be joining our fam.  Big bro has already named “him” Door Door.  It’s got a nice ring to it, right? ;)

Well there’s the update.  I promise to post more, not everyday mind you, but my goal will be once a week.  But I will post again tomorrow cause I’ve been sewing some trainers for Brooke and I need to show them off. 

Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails